10 ways to wear a scarf
Posted on February 18 2019
Scarves are a versatile and fun way to accessorize any outfit, but some people really struggle with how to wear them. Whether it's the fluffy soft warm sort for the colder months or a light fun one for those summer days there’s always a scarf for every occasion, and plenty of ways you can mix it up too.
Here’s 10 different ways to wear scarves...
- French Twist: Just fold the scarf in half and put it around your shoulders. Then take one loose end piece and pull it over and under the scarf loop. Lastly take the second end piece and go under and over the same loop.
- Knotted necklace: Wrap the scarf behind your neck then take one end and wrap it around your hand. Pull it through to make a loose knot. Grab the other end of the scarf and pull it through the side knot, going under the knot loop and then over.
- The necklace: Fold a long scarf in half lengthwise and grab the diagonal ends and knot them together. Put it over your neck, twist and then loop again.
- Double sided twist: Put two of your favourite scarves back to back. Then loop them once around your neck and turn the fabric so that you can see both sides.
- Scarf drape: Perfect for those nights with a light breeze this one simply involves draping it around your shoulders.
- Cozy neck wrap: Take your long scarf and loop it twice around your neck. Tie the ends in a half knot and tuck them under the scarf loops.
- Neck wrap: Loop a long scarf once around your neck. Then make a knot with the long ends, up near your neck. Pull the fabric of the neck loop down over the half knot.
- Knotted Shawl: This is a slightly more advanced version of the wrap. Place the scarf around your shoulders like a shawl and make a half knot in the back with the ends. Pull the ends tight and up high on your back. Lastly pull the scarf fabric down to cover the ends.
- Classic loop: Place the scarf around your neck and pull one end down slightly longer then the other. Wrap the end around your neck and let both ends hang.
- Braided: This involves taking another one of your long scarfs and placing it behind your neck and tying a loose half knot with the ends. Take the right end and cross it over the left then pull it under the scarf loop and over. Let it hang down and grab the left end (now on the right side) and cross it over the other end and pull it up and over. Repeat until the ends are too short to loop. Pull the braid to loosen it and then know the short end pieces together.
You can access these and many more ways to wear a scarf by clicking here. So why not grab you favourite scarfs and try something new by teaming it with one of out stylish outfits at Ann G Linen https://www.annglinen.com/. Remember, a new year, a new you!